One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more essential. Winters in Manassas are erratic and the coldest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is ill-equipped. So, before you ask a specialized technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most universal causes of sudden furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time passing through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to switch off on some occasions. The older the furnace, the harder it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are created to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these problems and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to swap out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect little things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this vital step, especially if there was a new rise in temperature that may have caused you to change the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that run your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, change the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can often be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is often the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is a simple and effective way of confirming the effectiveness of your furnace before you make a call to your Manassas expert. If there are still problems after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much better idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Woody's Sudden Service Inc in Manassas.