You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Woody's Sudden Service Inc have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major change on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the current temperature, try adjusting it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Woody's Sudden Service Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 703-278-2036.