Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Manassas is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Woody's Sudden Service Inc consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Woody's Sudden Service Inc in Manassas at 703-278-2036 today.