Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Manassas summer, have the professionals at Woody's Sudden Service Inc complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Woody's Sudden Service Inc today at 703-278-2036.