When it’s frigid in Manassas you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Woody's Sudden Service Inc.
1. Your furnace is loud. You could have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC technicians to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The pros at Woody's Sudden Service Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.