According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some indications that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you focus on the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, is there a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask Woody's Sudden Service Inc in Manassas about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Woody's Sudden Service Inc. A regular evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Inspecting your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
Additional ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and switch them out when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your house.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts open will help you make sure the air in your Manassas home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative steps and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Woody's Sudden Service Inc at 703-278-2036 or arrange an appointment online.