As warmer weather begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Manassas? Even if your cooling equipment is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Woody's Sudden Service technician can help spot little issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into big issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your system is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Now with Woody's Sudden Service
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Woody's Sudden Service pros a ring at 703-278-2036 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.