Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Manassas during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Woody's Sudden Service Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Woody's Sudden Service Inc at 703-278-2036 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.