As we get further in to November and the temperature starts to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to turn the heat on. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when you need to find a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a call at 703-278-2036 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t waver in giving Woody's Sudden Service Inc in Manassas a call at 703-278-2036. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.